New Connection? (Spoiler: Sun Dog, Talasman)
i***@gmail.com
2018-06-27 17:09:52 UTC
Yes it does happen pretty consistently. Off the top of my head, I remember that both It and Firestarter were referenced in The Tommyknockers. There was also a reference to Needful Things in The Sun Dog, a refernce to Cujo in Needful Things, and a refernce to Dolores Claiborne in Storm if the Century (although that's a movie rather than a book). If you've read a lot of his books, and then re-read them later, you find a lot of connections. I've begun to think of it like an Easter egg hunt
l***@gmail.com
2020-03-24 03:57:27 UTC
I am about halfway through Sun Dog now, and i found this connection with the
Talasman.
OK, after Kevin Delevan destroys the sun camera he goes to a place in his
dreams. The place is called Oatley, which looks like it could be in upstate
New York, in this place there is a homeless person with a shoping cart who
says, "Get out you fushing feef,"
This is a complete rehash of one of the scenes from Jack's journey in the
Talasman.
Heres the question: Do these occurences happen in other books? I have read
almost all of the King books, and have not witnessed this before (outside of
King's repetitive use of certian characters).
Anyone?
Draws?
PS. what do you do with a perfectly good mouse, when your snake dies before
the mouse is eaten?
Yeah, in the final scenes of Needful Things,

SPOILER ALERT

When Sheriff Pangborn causes Mr. Gaunt to leave Castle Rock, two shadowy spirits appear to help drive him off. These two spirits are a sparrow (A reference to The Dark Half) and a large dog. (Which is either Sun Dog or Cujo, but I'm not sure)
Steve Hayes

l***@gmail.com